Sunday, June 12, 2011

Not a real post but delicious Roast Vegetables

Roast Veg

Not much of a post, I didn't take any photos, it's not modernist in any way, but I threw it together from virtually random ingredients this evening and it's really worked well. More than anything else I simply wanted to record it for my own future reference.

In a big baking tray.

Rosemary, Garlic and Macadamia nuts. Chopped up Pumpkin, Carrots, Zucchini and whole mushrooms and onions. Quartered a Lemon. Sprinkled with Extra Virgin Olive oil, Sesame oil and Honey.

200 degrees for 50 minutes.

I did put a 61.5 degree 180 minute egg yolk on top, more because I could than anything else, but that wasn't really the standout in the meal.

On the other hand I finally got the Calcium Lactate that I've had on order for 8 weeks. So some reverse spherification is on the way as soon as I get over the cold that's laid me low the last week.

Update 31/07/11
I've made that roast veg several times since that post, but only just got my act together to photograph it.  Not much change from the one above, use veg whatever comes to hand really. 

No comments:

Post a Comment